- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced celery (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Cut chicken into 1/2-in. strips; place in a resealable plastic bag. Add cornstarch and toss to coat. Combine the soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder; add to bag and shake well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil; stir- fry the broccoli, celery, carrots and onion for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add water and bouillon. Return chicken to pan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Stir-Fry
"This was my dinner today and it was great. Thank you for sharing."
"This was a super easy meal. And it tastes wonderful. My family loves it."
"We loved this recipe and we were glad to see there was no sugar in it. The sauce was very tasty and the chicken very tender. We will keep this one and make it again."
"I like to add bamboo chutes and water-chestnuts to this recipe and use olive oil instead of canola, but my family loves this."