- vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl; cut
- in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and
- parsley. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls into simmering stew.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or
- until the dumplings are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 340 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.