Chicken Stew over Biscuits Recipe
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into eight wedges
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the gravy mix, water, wine, parsley, bouillon, garlic and pepper. Add the carrots, onion and chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until thickened.
- 3. Meanwhile, bake biscuits according to package directions. Place biscuits in soup bowls; top with stew. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 429 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,288 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.