Chicken Stew over Biscuits Recipe
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into eight wedges
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the gravy mix, water, wine, parsley, bouillon, garlic and pepper. Add the carrots, onion and chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, bake biscuits according to package directions. Place biscuits in soup bowls; top with stew. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Stew over Biscuits(6)
Sort By :
I have made this recipe many times. I always add extra carrots, onions, and spices. I am not a fan of canned biscuits, so I buy a dozen Bojangle biscuits. My family loves it.
This is one of my families favorite recipes. It is so delicious and super super easy!
Love this recipe! I used chicken broth instead of the white wine - tasted much better!
I guess I thought it would come out like chicken pot pie filling. Wasn't crazy about the flavor the wine added. I won't be making this again.
Do you leave the chicken in bigger pieces, like the breast and thigh? Also, what could you substitute for the white wine? Sounds really good and easy!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes >