- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into eight wedges
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the gravy mix, water, wine, parsley, bouillon, garlic and pepper. Add the carrots, onion and chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, bake biscuits according to package directions. Place biscuits in soup bowls; top with stew. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Stew over Biscuits
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe many times. I always add extra carrots, onions, and spices. I am not a fan of canned biscuits, so I buy a dozen Bojangle biscuits. My family loves it."
"This is one of my families favorite recipes. It is so delicious and super super easy!"
"Love this recipe! I used chicken broth instead of the white wine - tasted much better!"
"I guess I thought it would come out like chicken pot pie filling. Wasn't crazy about the flavor the wine added. I won't be making this again."
"Do you leave the chicken in bigger pieces, like the breast and thigh? Also, what could you substitute for the white wine? Sounds really good and easy!"