- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (6 ounces) no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients; cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into stew. Cook, covered, 30 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Stew
Sort By :
"Made this for Christmas dinner. I used yams instead of potatoes. And fresh rosemary. It was good but a little bland. I added curry powder and it was SO delicious!"
"so boring, there are better things to make with these ingredients"
"<p>Easy, tasty, & family love it.</p> Used organic chicken stock from a carton instead of canned stock. Chose to leave out celery and didn't miss it. Have used mini potatoes and baby carrots to make it even faster to make. "
"Too bland even by doubling the paprika and browning the chicken."
"My husband and I hate stews! But this recipe is so amazing. I make it every time the weather starts to get cold."