Rely on this slow cooker stew on busy weekends when you'd rather not be in the kitchen. Chicken, vegetables and seasonings give this stew great flavor.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (6 ounces) no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients; cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into stew. Cook, covered, 30 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Stew in Country Woman March/April 1996, p36
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review