- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (6 ounces) no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients; cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into stew. Cook, covered, 30 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Stew
Sort By :
Made this for Christmas dinner. I used yams instead of potatoes. And fresh rosemary. It was good but a little bland. I added curry powder and it was SO delicious!
so boring, there are better things to make with these ingredients
Easy, tasty, & family love it.Used organic chicken stock from a carton instead of canned stock. Chose to leave out celery and didn't miss it. Have used mini potatoes and baby carrots to make it even faster to make.
Too bland even by doubling the paprika and browning the chicken.
My husband and I hate stews! But this recipe is so amazing. I make it every time the weather starts to get cold.