Chicken Spiral Salad
"My family loves this zesty salad, and they eat it so fast that it barely has time to chill in the fridge," comments Cynthia Griffith from Danville, Virginia. Tip: Cynthia suggests serving this savory main dish over a bed of fresh torn greens.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken breast, thawed
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. In a large bowl, combine the beans, chicken and tomato. Add
- pasta. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free dressing) equals 262 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 662 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.