"My family loves this zesty salad, and they eat it so fast that it barely has time to chill in the fridge," comments Cynthia Griffith from Danville, Virginia. Tip: Cynthia suggests serving this savory main dish over a bed of fresh torn greens.
Recommended: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 package (7 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken breast, thawed
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the beans, chicken and tomato. Add pasta. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Spiral Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p26
Reviews for Chicken Spiral Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2013
"I used leftover cooked chicken and homemade Italian dressing.....plus chopped fresh basil. It's a keeper!"
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2011
"This is really good. I used Ken's Steakhouse Italian Dressing with Romano and I also added quite a bit of pepper."