- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese into the pastry shell. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1/2 cup spinach, onion and remaining cheese (save remaining spinach for another use). Spoon into pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; pour over the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Chicken Spinach Quiche
Sort By :
"After reading the reviews, I skipped the mayo, used 4 eggs, added some hot pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. Since I had a deep dish pie crust, I increased the chicken to 2 cups. Using the convection function on my oven, this turned out beautifully browned and the family loved it. Will definitely make again!"
"I substituted broccoli for the spinach, cut back (just a little) on the mayo and used a combination of milk and half and half for the rest of the liquid. I also added a little Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper for additional flavor. My kids were sure they weren't going to like this...so they had seconds just to be sure. : ) Delicious!"
"how much chicken? don't see it on the list of ingredients"
"This has been a favorite for a few years now. I found it in the 2004 annual recipe book. I have tried it many ways, substituting ham, broccoli, zucchini, adding mushrooms, bell peppers, different cheeses. More eggs, less mayo. It always come out great and we love having leftovers."
"This quiche baked to a golden brown and looked so pretty. It was delicious (and I just realized that I forgot to put the cheese on the bottom. )"