Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad Recipe
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 4 cups cooked spiral pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 212 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad
"I think this is a very good salad, but I would have liked it better if I'd not put in so much celery, and maybe added some grated carrot as a replacement. Also, I don't like the "raw" taste of uncooked Chinese pea pods, so I'd probably like it better if I were to blanche them just long enough to take away that taste, but still leave them tender crisp. Even regular frozen peas that have been thawed would be a good substitute."
"I make this recipe all the time. It is absolutely delicious. It also keeps well if you don't put the dressing on the entire salad, but apply it separately."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.