Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad
Since we grow and harvest our own spinach, we use it in lots of dishes. One of our favorite ways to enjoy it is in this pasta salad.—Ruby Pyles, Myersville, Maryland
12-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 4 cups cooked spiral pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small
- bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss
- to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 212 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.