Chicken Spinach Manicotti Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, divided
- 6 ounces frozen diced cooked chicken breast, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Divide spinach in half; refrigerate one portion for another use. In a sieve or colander, drain remaining spinach, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; place in a small bowl. Add chicken; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the tomato sauce, basil, oregano, garlic powder and brown sugar; cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Meanwhile, stuff 1/4 cup chicken mixture into each uncooked manicotti shell. Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Arrange manicotti over sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until manicotti shells are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
2 stuffed shells equals 554 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 1,862 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Spinach Manicotti
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.