My family prefers this creamy chicken spaghetti to the more traditional tomato-based variety. The smoky flavor of bacon adds interest.—Dave Portman, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a small skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the soup, mushrooms, spaghetti, chicken and cheese; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bacon; dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Spaghetti in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p31
Reviews for Chicken Spaghetti with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review