Chicken Spaghetti Supper Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large skillet, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil about 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm;
- 2. In the same skillet; saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in remaining oil until vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; return chicken to the pan and heat through. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 260 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 932 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.