Chicken Spaghetti Salad Recipe
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup julienned cucumber
- 1/3 cup julienned carrot
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Combine the spaghetti, chicken, cucumber and carrot. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, ginger, sugar and garlic. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Drizzle over spaghetti mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 282 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.