"I make this quick dish when I'm in a hurry and don't want a huge meal," notes Holly Siphavong, Eureka, California.
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup julienned cucumber
- 1/3 cup julienned carrot
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Combine the spaghetti, chicken, cucumber and carrot. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, ginger, sugar and garlic. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Drizzle over spaghetti mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Spaghetti Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Spaghetti Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review