"I first made this meal-in-one when I had unexpected guests," recalls Bernice Janowski of Stevens Point, Wisconsin. "It's popular when I'm in a hurry, because it takes minutes to assemble."
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 breaded fully cooked chicken patties
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, Parmesan, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; set aside. In another bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Drain spaghetti; add 2 cups spaghetti sauce mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with cheese mixture.
- Arrange chicken patties over the top; drizzle with the remaining spaghetti sauce mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Spaghetti Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p48
Reviews for Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review