Chicken Spaghetti Bake Recipe
This casserole is always a hit at church and anywhere else I serve it. For variety, I sometimes substitute different cheeses, spiral pasta or cooked turkey for the chicken.—Renee Quintero, Mission, Texas
- 3 packages (two 16 ounces, one 7 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (7 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 9 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 6 cups (24 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; rinse and drain. Toss with 1/4 cup oil; set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the onions, green peppers and zucchini in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and olives; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir in chicken and soup.
- 3. Place 2-1/4 cups spaghetti each in three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Top each with 4 cups sauce and 1 cup cheese. Layer with 2-1/4 cups spaghetti and 2 cups sauce.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 casseroles (10-12 servings each).
1 each: 314 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein .
Reviews for Chicken Spaghetti Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC