This recipe is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. It is so easy to whip up on a busy weeknight.Pam Holloway, Marion, Louisiana
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 cups cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in
- butter until tender. Stir in the soup, tomatoes and cheese. Cook
- over low heat until the cheese is melted. Add Creole seasoning. Stir
- in the chicken and spaghetti.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 601 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,196 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.