Chicken Soup with Stuffed Noodles Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 2-1/2 quarts water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Place chicken, water, salt and pepper in a large stockpot. Cover and slowly bring to a boil; skim foam. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45-60 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and set aside until cool enough to handle. Add vegetables to broth; cook until tender, about 5-10 minutes. Remove chicken from bones; discard bones and skin. Cut chicken into chunks; return to broth.
- 2. Meanwhile, for noodles, mix flour and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center. Beat together the egg, water and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a dough.
- 3. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Combine filling ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edge; pat down. Moisten edges with water. Roll up jelly-roll style from long end; cut into 1/2-in slices. Add noodles to gently boiling soup and cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 334 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 1,038 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.