- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes (with added milk)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, chicken, celery, carrots and sage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the dumpling ingredients. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of batter onto simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Soup with Potato Dumplings
Sort By :
I was surprised at how good this was, especially since it was quick & easy. The whole family gave it great reviews and there were no leftovers. Will definitely become a regular recipe at our house.
This soup was simple but good. Next time, however, I'm going to use a potato dumpling recipe that calls for flour instead of bisquick because gluten free bisquick can get really expensive.
This is one of my all time favorites.
I make this all the time regardless of the season. It is one of our favorites! I like to cut the liquid a little so it becomes more like a thick stew.
My family and i love this recipe. I have been making it since it first appeared in taste of home. It is always a hit and they aren't any leftovers.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Dumpling Soup >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Soup >
- Potato Soup Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >