Chicken Soup with Beans Recipe
I put lime-flavored tortilla chips at the bottom of individual bowls before ladling in this Southwestern soup. Loaded with chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes and green chilies, it's satisfying and fuss-free. -Penny Peronia West Memphis, Arkansas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes, water, chopped green chilies, lime juice and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 123 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC