My family loves these tacos. The chicken filling cooks in the slow-cooker, so it’s convenient to throw it together before I leave for work. At the end of the day, I just have to roll it up in a tortilla with the remaining ingredients and dinner’s ready in minutes. The chicken also makes a great topping for salad. -Cheryl Newendorp, Pella, Iowa
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 1-1/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, chilies, onion, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese, salsa, lettuce, tomato and sour cream if desired; roll up. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Soft Chicken Tacos in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Soft Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review