Chicken Soba Noodle Toss Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces uncooked Japanese soba noodles
- 3/4 pound chicken tenderloins, cubed
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups fresh broccoli stir-fry blend
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients until blended; set aside.
- 2. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry broccoli blend in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 4. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles; add to pan. Add chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 417 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 715 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Soba Noodle Toss
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.