This is one of my favorite meals for busy weeknights. You can perp all the ingredients the day before and then put the dish together just before dinner. —Elizabeth Brown, Lowell, Massachusetts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces uncooked Japanese soba noodles
- 3/4 pound chicken tenderloins, cubed
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups fresh broccoli stir-fry blend
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients until blended; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli blend in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles; add to pan. Add chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Soba Noodle Toss in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Soba Noodle Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review