- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 5 romaine leaves, torn
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cranberries and mustard.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, cheese, pecans, bread crumbs,
- onions, mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper. Crumble chicken over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties. Chill.
- For biscuits, in a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and
- salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir
- in milk just until moistened. Stir in cheese and pecans. Turn onto a
- lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to a 12-in. x 4-in. rectangle; cut into twelve 2-in.
- square biscuits. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken patties in oil over
- medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer
- reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Slice warm biscuits in half. Spread bottoms with mayonnaise mixture;
- top with a burger and lettuce. Replace tops. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slider equals 430 calories, 32 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.