Try this fun twist on chicken salad using fuss-free coleslaw mix. Hilda Anger in Valparaiso, Florida writes, “This crunchy, creamy recipe from my mother is delicious with leftover or canned chicken, tuna or even salmon.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 hard-cooked egg, diced
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Dash celery salt
- Dash paprika, optional
- In a small salad bowl, combine the chicken, coleslaw mix, celery and
- egg. In another bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, milk, lemon juice,
- brown sugar and celery salt. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to
- coat. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free salad dressing and fat-free milk) equals 217 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.