Chicken Skillet with Oranges
When I was younger, my mother and 4-H sparked my interest in cooking. Outside the kitchen, you'll find me working on a craft, at a church function or in the garden.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, cut into 8 wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 6-8 minutes or until
- juices run clear. Remove from skillet; set aside. Saute onions and
- garlic in drippings until tender. Add water, raisins, 2 tablespoons
- parsley, brown sugar, bouillon and salt. Simmer for 15 minutes or
- until liquid is reduced by half. Add chicken and heat through.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Squeeze juice form orange wedges
- over chicken. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 305 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.