Chicken Skillet with Oranges Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, cut into 8 wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove from skillet; set aside. Saute onions and garlic in drippings until tender. Add water, raisins, 2 tablespoons parsley, brown sugar, bouillon and salt. Simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add chicken and heat through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Squeeze juice form orange wedges over chicken. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 305 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.