Chicken Skillet with Oranges Recipe
When I was younger, my mother and 4-H sparked my interest in cooking. Outside the kitchen, you'll find me working on a craft, at a church function or in the garden.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, cut into 8 wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove from skillet; set aside. Saute onions and garlic in drippings until tender. Add water, raisins, 2 tablespoons parsley, brown sugar, bouillon and salt. Simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add chicken and heat through. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Squeeze juice form orange wedges over chicken. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as South Seas Skillet in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Skillet with Oranges(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review