“This chicken is delicious! My father-in-law loved it; he said it reminded him of growing up in Southern California. What a great way to bring summer sunshine to winter days!” —Laurel Dalzell, Mantecca, California
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat broiler. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness; cut lengthwise into 1-in.-wide strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine oil, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add jalapeno; cook and stir until tender. Add ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat; stir in marmalade, lime juice, orange juice concentrate and salt.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Thread chicken strips, weaving back and forth, onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 6 in. from heat 2-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Chicken Skewers with Sweet & Spicy Marmalade in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Skewers with Sweet & Spicy Marmalade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review