Chicken Skewers with Sweet & Spicy Marmalade Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; cut lengthwise into 1-in.-wide strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, soy sauce, garlic and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread two chicken strips onto each of eight metal or soaked wooden skewers; place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute jalapeno in butter until tender. Add ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat; stir in the marmalade, lime juice, orange juice concentrate and salt. Serve with chicken skewers. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Skewers with Sweet & Spicy Marmalade(4)
Sort By :
Very good! I don't like jalapenos, so I added a little shake of red pepper flakes. Chicken was very juicy. Will be making again. Thanks!
Easy to make and so delicious!
I made this for a backyard b-b-q....it was so easy and the end results were amazing...not one was left behind ...followed the exact directions, made no changes
Loved this recipe! I have never broiled chicken in the oven like this and was a little hesitant, but it turned out great! Loved the sauce too! Next time I will leave a little of the insides of the jalapenos for more kick! It wasn't spicy at all. Will defintely make again...can't wait to serve it to company!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >