I'm always looking for lighter recipes to take on tailgate outings. This one is quick and easy to marinate and take along. It's also great tasting and a family favorite. Veronica Callaghan-Glastonbury, Connecticut
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; cut lengthwise into sixteen 1-in.-wide strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, vinegar, chipotle pepper and salt; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, place remaining ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Thread meat onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until no longer pink, turning frequently. Serve with sauce. Yield: 16 skewers (3/4 cup sauce).
Originally published as Chicken Skewers with Cool Avocado Sauce in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p48
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Chicken Skewers with Cool Avocado Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review