- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; cut lengthwise into sixteen 1-in.-wide strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, vinegar, chipotle pepper and salt; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, place remaining ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Thread meat onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until no longer pink, turning frequently. Serve with sauce. Yield: 16 skewers (3/4 cup sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Chicken Skewers with Cool Avocado Sauce
Sort By :
"great recipe - tender chicken with creamy cool avocado sauce - will make again!!"
"I add a little garlic powder to the marinade and the sauce. Also, I let the chicken marinade overnight, which cut down my prep time when we were ready for dinner & gave the chicken a nice mostness & good flavor. Honestly, the chicken was delicious without the sauce!"
"Really enjoyed this recipe however the avocado sauce was a bit too limey for us and the chicken had a nice kick to it which we were not expecting; so the kids did not get chicken that night:) I will make this again but with less lime."
"I made this when some of my husband's friends came over, and was embarrassed. The marinade was ok, not amazing, and the sauce was boring and blah. Also, the adobo sauce was a hassle to find and not worth it. I won't even try to adapt this recipe- I don't know where to start."
"I would do this with lemon herb instead of the lime pepper though."