Chicken Scampi Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions and garlic in butter and oil until garlic is tender. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the tomato, lemon juice and parsley; heat through. Drain linguine; toss with tomato mixture. Top with chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 639 calories, 35 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 838 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.