Chicken Scampi Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions and garlic in butter and oil until garlic is tender. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the tomato, lemon juice and parsley; heat through. Drain linguine; toss with tomato mixture. Top with chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 639 calories, 35g fat (14g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 838mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Scampi
"This is tasty, but there is something missing...some zing."
"I am a late bloomer when it comes to cooking so I don't deviate to much from recipes. I didn't have chicken so I just used veggies. No fresh tomatoes so used 1/3 can of diced. I added artichoke hearts and fresh spinach. I was mainly using recipe for the sauce. I am my biggest critic and I really enjoyed it. Hubby and 3yr old grandson chowed. Didn't even have left overs. I will def make this again. ~Thank you for sharing!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.