I get a kick out of serving this dish—everyone's always on time for dinner when they know it's on the menu. —Angela Spengler, Clovis, NM
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add polenta; cook 9-11 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from pan.
- Add sausages to same pan; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until browned. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through. Serve with polenta; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Sausages with Polenta in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Sausages with Polenta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2014
"My family loved this recipe!"