I get a kick out of serving this dish—everyone's always on time for dinner when they know it's on the menu. —Angela Spengler, Clovis, NM
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add polenta; cook 9-11 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from pan.
- Add sausages to same pan; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until browned. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through. Serve with polenta; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Sausages with Polenta in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Sausages with Polenta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2014
"My family loved this recipe!"