Chicken Sausages with Peppers
Fresh and crispy sweet peppers complement the savory sausage in this family-friendly dish that delivers big flavor with so little effort! —DEBORAH SCHAEFER, DURAND, MICHIGAN
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until
- crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in sausages;
- heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 208 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.