Chicken Sausages with Peppers Recipe
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in sausages; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 208 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Sausages with Peppers
"I doubled the sausage and may add some sautéed apples next time."
"I made this for my family with the cheese smashed potatoes. (as on the page of HC mag.) It was so simple to make, a little bit of prep, but it is worth it. This is a keeper, thanks HC I love this mag. Thankful that I am a subscriber!"
"We thought this was excellent. I served it with Cheese Smashed Potatoes (as seen in the photo and on the same page with this recipe in Healthy Cooking magazine) and we thought it was absolutely wonderful. It would be great with rice rather than potatoes, too. Highly recommended!"
"Simple, quick and delicious. And healthy to boot!"
"Very good. I served this with cheesy mashed potatoes and a salad. It was so easy and my family was impressed."