Chicken Sausages with Peppers Recipe
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small sweet orange pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in sausages; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 208 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.