Chicken Sausage Skillet Recipe
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and zucchini in oil until tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- 2. Add chicken and sausage to skillet; cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, basil and oregano.
- 3. Return vegetables to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 135 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Chicken Sausage Skillet
"Very tasty and very easy to make!!!!!"
"Great recipe! I used Aylmer's accent italian canned tomatoes and diced them myself instead of the plain diced tomatoes, and sprinkled crushed red pepper flakes."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.