Chicken Sausage Skillet Recipe
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and zucchini in oil until tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- 2. Add chicken and sausage to skillet; cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, basil and oregano.
- 3. Return vegetables to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 135 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Sausage Skillet
"Very tasty and very easy to make!!!!!"
"Great recipe! I used Aylmer's accent italian canned tomatoes and diced them myself instead of the plain diced tomatoes, and sprinkled crushed red pepper flakes."