Chicken Sausage Skillet Recipe
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and zucchini in oil until tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add chicken and sausage to skillet; cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, basil and oregano.
- Return vegetables to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Sausage Skillet
Sort By :
"Very tasty and very easy to make!!!!!"
"Great recipe! I used Aylmer's accent italian canned tomatoes and diced them myself instead of the plain diced tomatoes, and sprinkled crushed red pepper flakes."
"I usually replace the chicken & sausage with Aidell's fully cooked chicken sausage. Omit the tomatoes. Cook the meat seperate in olive oil with any italian spices. Very tasty!!"