- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked roasted garlic chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves, warmed
- Sliced tomato and plain Greek yogurt, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add zucchini and yellow squash; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in basil, sausage and mushroom mixture; heat through. Serve in pitas. If desired, add tomato and yogurt. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Sausage Pita Pockets
"Delicious, quick and easy--everything I look for in a nutritious weekday evening meal. We had our pita pickets with fresh corn on the cob on the side and felt like we'd had a summer garden feast. Excellent recipe. The only thing I added was a little seasoning salt."