Chicken Sausage Patties Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup grated peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/4 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in 3/4 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. Add apple; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Stir in seasonings. Crumble chicken over apple mixture and mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. In a skillet, cook patties in remaining oil over medium heat or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (prepared with ground chicken breast) equals 137 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.