Chicken Sausage Patties Recipe
Enjoy the taste of homemade breakfast sausage without the guilt. This hearty recipe used ground chicken in place of regular pork sausage for a lighter spin on the favorite breakfast fare. —Mary Webb, Longwood, Florida
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup grated peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/4 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in 3/4 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. Add apple; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Stir in seasonings. Crumble chicken over apple mixture and mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. In a skillet, cook patties in remaining oil over medium heat or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 0g sugar total.
Reviews for Chicken Sausage Patties
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC