- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup grated peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/4 pound ground chicken or turkey
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in 3/4 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender. Add apple; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Stir in seasonings. Crumble chicken over apple mixture and mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a skillet, cook patties in remaining oil over medium heat or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Sausage Patties
Sort By :
Quite good. Better than turkey sausage you buy at the grocery.
I've made this three times so far. A lighter, fresher tasting, healtier version of pork sausage. I make it using a whole lb. of ground chicken and quadruple all of the other ingredients. I make the patties, freeze them, and defrost and cook only what I need for a meal.