Chicken Sausage Jambalaya Recipe
Having a cousin who's a pork producer is a bonus when looking for great recipes. This slightly spicy entree turns out perfectly every time.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and paprika. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 2. In the same saucepan, saute the onions, celery and peppers over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Stir in the sausage, rice, garlic, cayenne, chicken and remaining salt and pepper. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 336 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,172 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC