- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and paprika. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, saute the onions, celery and peppers over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Stir in the sausage, rice, garlic, cayenne, chicken and remaining salt and pepper. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Sausage Jambalaya
Sort By :
Tried this tonight for the first time and loved it!
This jambalya has a great taste to it. I made some minor changes - I used chopped white onions instead of the green onions & used chicken thighs instead of breasts. I used 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper & that had just the right amount of spiciness for my family's tastes.
This was such an awesome recipe. My dad orked off shore in New Orleans for several years. He said it was the best he has had since that time almost 30 years.
This is very good! The only changes that I made was to add a little extra chicken (12 oz.), diced the celery instead of slicing and cooked the onions, celery and peppers for a few minutes instead of 1 minute. I used 1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper and this had just the right bite of spice! Will make again!
This is a simple yet delicious version of Jambalaya that my family loved! The only change I made was to use chicken sausage (seasoned with garlic and sage) in place of the pork sausage. This is my favorite Jambalaya recipe to date.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Stews >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Jambalaya >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >