This hash is total comfort food, whether it's for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We like it with fried or poached eggs on top. —Mary Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked sun-dried tomato chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add potatoes, sweet onion and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, turning potatoes every 2 minutes. Stir in red pepper and sausage; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in another large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; immediately reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, 5-6 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks just begin to thicken. If desired, carefully turn eggs and cook second side to desired doneness. Remove from heat; sprinkle with remaining pepper. Serve over hash. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Sausage & Potato Hash in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Reviews for Chicken Sausage & Potato Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review