- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 ounces herbed fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender. Add asparagus and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer.
- Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Add goat cheese, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in gnocchi; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Sausage & Gnocchi Skillet
Sort By :
"This has become a go-to meal for me. I love how quick and easy it is. Great for a weeknight. And I love the creamy goat cheese! The only modification I make is to remove the chicken sausage from the casing before cooking for a more crumbled texture."
"One of the best meals I have ever made!!"
"I made this the other day and it was absolutely amazing! I added one additional sausage two more garlic cloves (because we love it) and probably 5 oz of the basil goat cheese and a touch more wine just to have more sauce. My boyfriend said it's the best thing I've EVER made. (And I cook for him a lot!) so that's really saying something. Can't wait to make again. Maybe add some crispy bacon on top? Thanks for this great recipe!"
"Very good! I will definitely make this again. I love when an entire meal takes only 1/2 hour to make."
"I used sweet turkey sausage instead and garlic and herb goat cheese, amazing flavors. Great recipe."