- brown sugar, seasonings and extract. Add chicken; seal bag and turn
- to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients until blended. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Drain and discard marinade. Thread two
- chicken strips onto each metal or soaked wooden skewer.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2-3 minutes on each side
- or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with peanut butter sauce.
- Yield: 8 servings (1 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 2 skewers with 2 tablespoons sauce (prepared with reduced-fat peanut butter, fat-free milk and reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 202 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.