- Heat the grapeseed oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high
- Add the chicken pieces and cook seam side up for 2 to 3 minutes or
- until the chicken has browned on one side. Turn the chicken over and
- cook it for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet, reduce heat. Let simmer covered
- for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken has become cooked through.
- (Or, instead of simmering on stove, you can transfer the covered
- skillet to a 350-degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes.)
- Move the chicken to a cutting board and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes,
- stirring occasionally or until it is heated through.
- Take the chicken, removing the toothpicks, and cut it into slices
- crosswise. Take individual plates or a large serving platter and
- place the spaghetti squash on top, arranging the chicken slices
- around the spaghetti squash and topping with the spaghetti sauce to
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 214 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 269 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 3/4 fat.