Chicken Saltimbocca with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage or 3 teaspoons dried sage leaves, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, prosciutto, shallots and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Stir in broth. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in cream and 2 tablespoons sage; heat through (do not boil).
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, lightly mash 1/2 cup beans; add the water. Stir in the remaining pepper, sage and beans. Heat through.
- 5. Add chicken to the mushroom mixture and heat through. Serve with beans. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 290 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Saltimbocca with Mushroom Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.