Chicken Saltimbocca with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage or 3 teaspoons dried sage leaves, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, prosciutto, shallots and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in broth. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in cream and 2 tablespoons sage; heat through (do not boil).
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, lightly mash 1/2 cup beans; add the water. Stir in the remaining pepper, sage and beans. Heat through.
- Add chicken to the mushroom mixture and heat through. Serve with beans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Saltimbocca with Mushroom Sauce in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p35
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken Saltimbocca with Mushroom Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review