Chicken Saltimbocca Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Top each piece with a slice of ham and cheese. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Roll chicken in flour mixture; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, brown roll-ups in oil on all sides; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup and wine or broth; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is longer pink. Remove roll-ups and stir sauce. Discard toothpicks. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Saltimbocca(8)
Sort By :
Whoever the chef is for this recipe should know better-it is not Saltimbocca unless there is sage with a white wine reduction sauce. No deli ham, no swiss cheese. It should be prosciutto and provolone, definitely no parmesan cheese, no cream of chicken. The photo's chicken looks thicker than 1/4". The only thing correct about this recipe is that it is rolled.
I am not a ham eater but in this recipe it gives it such a good taste. Make sure to pound the chicken out thin, I did not and it was a challenege to roll. I would definatly make this again.
I made mine with white wine. If I were to make it again, I would use chicken broth instead.
I would make this again but I prefer to use a different cheese. Very good!
I noticed that TOH has another version of a Chicken Saltimbocca recipe. I liked the ingredients better in this one and tried it yesterday (along with TOH's Mini Toffee Rolls). What a wonderful meal. This chicken dish is so delicious. Instead of rice, I made a side dish of stuffing which I topped with the fabulous sauce. This is definitely a keeper recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >