This is a recipe that always seems to be used at our family gatherings. Everyone loves it. It's also great to make ahead for busy days.
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, combine the chicken, bacon, water chestnuts, celery and grapes; set aside. In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; add to salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Salad in Country June/July 1993, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review