This recipe packs a bite-size punch of creamy chicken salad wrapped in a crispy shell. "These yummy wonton cups make a great appetizer for a ladies' luncheon or a fun snack anytime," assures Starr Tharp of Parchment, Michigan
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Refrigerated butter-flavor spray
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, garlic salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken and green onion; set aside. Spritz one side of each wonton wrapper with butter spray; press into mini muffin cups, buttered side down.
- Bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Fill each cup with about 1 tablespoon chicken salad. Bake 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chicken Salad Wonton Stars in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p9
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken Salad Wonton Stars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review