Chicken Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
I find myself turning to this quick and easy chicken salad for many weeknight dinners. It’s the perfect combination of crunchy and salty. — Lynne Keast, Monte Sereno, California
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually
- whisk in oil until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, cheese and, if desired,
- almonds. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups (calculated with almonds) equals 275 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon