Chicken Salad with Cranberries
This sandwich tastes like Thanksgiving turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce rolled into one. I'm always asked for this recipe, and people are surprised at how simple it is!Robyn Limberg-Child, St. Clair, Michigan
4-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup honey-mustard salad dressing
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, cranberries, celery and pecans. Add
- dressing and toss to coat. If desired, line pita halves with
- lettuce; fill with turkey mixture. Yield: 4-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 313 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.